Pumpkin and meat are one of those combinations that get along greatly. It is good whether is in cream, surprise, and sautéed together. In short, there are plenty of pumpkin recipes with ground beef.
No wonder. The variety of pumpkins we have in Brazil is almost frightening. It comes in all shapes, sizes and colors. And ground beef is such a part of the Brazilian menu that together with rice and beans form the triple gastronomy of the staple dish.
Making this pumpkin with ground beef surprise is simple, as it does not require any intimidating technique and it is possible to make using only one pan.
Yield: 6 servings
Total time: 30 minutes
- Oil: 2 tablespoons
- Chopped onion: 1/ 2 unit(s)
- Chopped garlic: 3 clove(s)
- Ground beef: 250 g
- Chopped tomatoes: 1 unit
- Pumpkin [winter squash]: 750 g
- Milk: 1 cup (coffee)
- Grated Parmesan: 50 g
- Mozzarella cheese: 6 slice(s)
- Salt: to taste
Method of preparation
Stuffing of ground beef
– Put the oil in a small pan to a high heat, until hot.
– Add the chopped onion and garlic.
– Let it brown
– Then add the ground beef and brown it well.
– Season with 1 teaspoon of salt.
– Finally, incorporate the chopped tomatoes.
– Stir well, cover the pan and cook over low heat.
– Peel and cook the pumpkin.
– When it is very soft, put 1 tablespoon of butter soup in a pan and bring to high heat.
– Add the pumpkin when it melts and mash with a potato masher or fork until it forms a puree.
– Then add the milk and mix it well.
– Then add the grated cheese and mix it well until all the ingredients are well incorporated into each other.
– Turn it off and set aside.
– Butter a medium platter.
– Smoothly arrange half the pumpkin puree.
– Place the meat on top of the puree.
– Then the other half of the puree.
– Finish with a bed of mozzarella cheese.
– Bake at 200ºc to bake until the cheese melts and turns golden.